EPA requires NEPs to update their CCMPs every 10 years. Our plan will focus on the water, wildlife, and quality of life of the Narragansett Bay region. If you are interested in being a part of the revision process reach out to our staff.
2020 Meeting Schedule & Materials
All meetings will be held throughout the watershed in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, all are welcome to attend these meetings to provide input on the creation of our plan for the entire watershed.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10am-12pm – Zoom Meeting
- April 11, 2020, 10am-4pm – TBD
- June 18, 2020, 10am-4pm – RI TBD
- August 20, 2020, 10am-4pm – MA TBD
- October 15, 2020, 10am-4pm – RI TBD
- December 17, 2020, 10am-4pm – MA TBD
Past Meetings & Materials
- November 18, 2019
- September 19, 2019
- July 16, 2019
The Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP) was adopted by the Narragansett Bay Estuary Program in 2012. This Plan was developed with the assistance of numerous federal, state, and local government agencies, universities, and nonprofit environmental groups. The first Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan for Narragansett Bay was adopted in 1992.
Each year the program staff, in partnership with the Management Committee, develops a mission driven work plan to implement the Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan.
The Narragansett Bay Estuary Program is guided by the goals of the Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan to:
1) Protect and restore clean water
2) Manage land for conservation and community
3) Protect and restore fish, wildlife, and habitats, and
4) Manage climate change impacts to human and natural systems
The 2012 CCMP update is available for download in 3 parts:
The first Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan for Narragansett Bay was adopted in 1992.